Wednesday, November 10, 2010

The Final Push for Opening

The posts of the construction progress waned over the last few weeks as every moment was being spent getting ready our Grand Opening on Monday, November 8, 2010. Here are some photos of the final few weeks as family members and friends showed up to help us reach our goal. We will have the final, final pictures after we have the artwork all framed and up on the walls. 


I have to give my most heartfelt thanks to the following people for helping make the new Positive Motion office a reality. Here's to helping thousands of people "Get Healthy and Feel Better" at our new location.

  • Amy Kelly - The most amazing interior designer (www.stylecomfortlife.com) I have had the pleasure to work with. Amy worked tirelessly for months to bring together the colors, textures, concepts, and integration of all the finishes and subcontractors to make our office unique, functional, and a healing space. Thank you Amy!
  • Aryn Pedersen - There is no way I could have even conceived of creating an office like this without the neverending support of my wife. She is always there for me. She is extremely talented as a graphic designer, planner, with a hammer, and is the hardest worker I know. Her smiles, hugs, and council got me through this process. Thank you baby!
  • Paul & Peggy Pedersen - My parents showed up for the final push the last five days before our opening. There were so many details that needed to be sewn up and they brought every imaginable tool and skill to get the job done. Working from 7A until some nights at 10P, we couldn't have done this without you both. Thanks!
  • Nicole Henke - Our new office manager, Nicole has been working behind the scenes to make our new office a reality for over six months. She helped to find the right commercial space, change our address with all our suppliers, hook-up all the utilities, get supplies for our new office, etc. It is wonderful to have her on the team. And special thanks for working crazy hours with us the weekend before opening. You rock Nicole!
  • Jack Kelly - Ikea furniture builder extraordinaire. Professional frame hanger. General unstoppable workhorse. Thank you Jack for always being there to help, no matter what the project. You are an invaluable member of the team.
  • Maren Brajkovich - My awesome sister came up to the Bay Area a few months ago to do a nature photography shoot for some of the pictures on our office walls. I had the dream of having some amazing pictures of our beautiful natural locales. Maren, Aveah (her daughter), and I (as her photography gopher/assistant) had a great day driving around to amazing vistas, towering forests, and silky mountain streams. It was great to have a professional photographer (www.applemoonphotography.com) who is also my sister help me out. Thanks sis!
  • Dr. Greg Barsten, Susan Pease, and Louise Pinto. Dr. Barsten of HealthQuest gave me my start when I first graduated from chiropractor college. Over the six years that I built up my practice by subletting space from Dr. Barsten I grew as a doctor and a business owner. I owe much of that to Greg. Additionally, the team at my first office, Louise Pinto and Susan Pease, gave me incredible help over the years and especially in the transition to my new office. I owe a lot to you guys and I won't forget our fun times together.
  • Jason Cathy of On-Site Construction was our contractor. We had change orders and revisions throughout the process as the project progressed. Jason always helped us find a solution and didn't let it slow down the project. Thank you to Jason and his amazing team of craftsman. I can't more highly recommend his company.
  • April Piercey - Real estate agent extraordinaire with Intero Real Estate. April spent months and months helping us find the right commercial space. She searched through hundreds of Los Gatos properties and worked tirelessly through all the details to make sure that our new location fit us perfectly. Thank you April. You were with us when we had nothing tangible, just a dream. Thank you for all your help.
  • Marilynn Krause and Yuko Nagahasi-Lee of Wilbur Properties. They are the property managers at our new location and they were always prompt and helpful with our plethora of questions. Thank you both.
  • Young Han of Niviya for being such an amazing craftsman and making a functional work-of-art which is our front desk. His bid was competitive, he accelerated the schedule to help us open, and he and his team were always organized and pleasant. We cannot more highly recommend Niviya and Young Han for your household and/or commercial cabinetry needs.
One of the treatment rooms coming together.
Where we will teach exercise and health classes.


Can anyone say "trash pile?"

The walls coming together.

Jack smiling through 10+ hours of Ikea building.

Working into the night.

Working through the communications wiring.

Paul putting some finishing touches up.

The front treatment room nearing completion.

"Where did we file that piece of paper?"

My mom, Peggy. Always with a smile and style!

No comments:

Post a Comment